“Fast, accurate, knowledgeable, friendly, with loads of integrity. I have used her services for the past ten years. Great work.” Alan Weinstock is an insurance agent in Northridge, CA. See medicaresupplementplans.com.
“Thank you for a great work product. You made my story relevant and engaging. I look forward to future projects together.” See empowher.org
“Debbie worked tirelessly and thoroughly editing The Man Overboard. She was diligent and relentless. I consider her a godsend both to me and my memoir, and I highly recommend her to other authors. She is brilliant, honest, persistent and easy to work with. Her writing intuition and instincts are superb.”
“What a terrific job of editing! I am impressed not only with you finding my all-too-numerous stupidities but also with you getting inside my mind to make sense out of some obscure passages. You did a great job of understanding what I intended to say and of finding ways for me to say it with…
“I highly recommend Debbie Jackson. She’s honest, accurate, timely, and is always willing to adjust her work product to her customers’ needs. In whatever I have asked her to do, she has exceeded my expectations. Her expertise with words and instinctive design skills are valuable assets that have turned my book, website content and e-newsletters…
“As an instructor at Cal State, Northridge and as Executive Director of Proyecto Pastoral at Dolores Mission, I sent Debbie diverse projects that demanded detailed editing, often within a few hours. She always attempts to predict my needs and meet them, sometimes even before I know them.”
“Over the years we have worked with Debbie Jackson on many projects. Her work product has always been the very best. She is a very bright woman with a great work ethic. We are proud to recommend her.”
“When I completed a book-length series of interviews for my company’s first publishing venture, I needed someone whom I could trust to get the job done. Debbie is reliable, honest, honorable, loyal, detail-oriented and careful.”
“Debbie, you are a true savior. There has never been a job too small or too large that I have not been able to depend on you to deliver as promised. Your hard work has been an indispensable part of my practice.” See www.ardalanlaw.com.
“I have referred a dozen students and faculty to Debbie Jackson, and they all ask me, ‘Where did you find such a jewel?’ I greatly respect her editorial advice.” Rudy Acuna is the founder of the Chicana/o Studies Department, California State University, Northridge.
Examples of completed projects:
Content Editing Projects Including Interior Book Block Design
- The Chronicles of Ara: Inferno by Joel Eisenberg and Stephen Hillard (for Incorgnito Press).
- The Lost Chronicles of Ara: The Mirkwood Codex by Stephen Hillard and Joel Eisenberg (for Incorgnito Press).
- Get Organized. Get Focused. Get Moving. How to avoid productivity potholes, by Cynthia Kyriazis (for Incorgnito Press).
- The Chronicles of Ara: Perdition by Joel Eisenberg and Stephen Hillard (for Incorgnito Press).
- The Chronicles of Ara: Creation by Joel Eisenberg and Stephen Hillard (for Incorgnito Press).
- Never Foul a Jump Shooter: A Guide to Basketball Lingo, Lessons and Laughs by Daniel Yost (for Incorgnito Press).
- Girl in the Mirror: The Totally True Truth About Making Choices and Understanding Consequences by Nina Dhillon.
- Humpty Rising by Michael Homeier (to be published; for All Cities Library).
- Michael Podolny’s Shortcut to Security: How to Make Your Business Worth More to Others So That It’s Worth More to You by Michael Podolny (edited, assisted with cover design; for All Cities Library).
- Cut the B.S.: Learn to Sell Like a Professional in Just a Few Hours by Philip Gerber (for All Cities Library).
- Talk the Weight Off! by Carole Disenhof (for All Cities Library).
- Championship Networking by Eric Shaw (for All Cities Library).
- Don’t Bust the Budget: Toss It! by Harvey Goldstein (for All Cities Library).
- Black Beyond King by Dwight Harris (for All Cities Library).
- Tales of the Dead, public domain compilation of stories.
- Aunt Bessie’s How to Survive a Day Job While Pursuing the Creative Life by Joel Eisenberg.
Substantive Content Editing Projects
- Random Acts of Kindness are Changing the World by Rosalyn Kahn.
- Already Wise: Our Inborn Ability to Make the Best Choices by Doug McKee.
- The Man Overboard by Darryl Hagar.
- “The Head-Heart Connection,” chapter by Betty LaMarr in Discover Your Inner Strength (wrote chapter title, edited).
- Voices of the U.S. Latino Experience by Dr. Rodolfo Acuña.
- Yesterday Until Tomorrow: The Story of Cassie by Jacquelyn McGloster.
- When Worlds Collide: The Story of Corinne by Jacquelyn McGloster.
- The Ties That Bind: The Story of Mei Ling by Jacquelyn McGloster.
- U.S. Latino Issues: Contemporary American Ethnic Issues by Dr. Rodolfo Acuña (edited some chapters).
- Africa: A Dream Deferred by Dr. John Gay.
- Long Day’s Anger by Dr. John Gay.
- An Introduction to Classical African Civilizations by Dr. Joseph Holloway.
- The Village Boy by Dr. Sakui W. G. Malakpa.
- The Smart Real Estate Investor’s Guide by Karim Jaude (writing, book block and cover design).
- Solutions: Pathway to Possibility by Michael Dresser (writing, editing; publication date unknown).
- “Loving Our Differences,” chapter by Betty LaMarr in Heart of a Woman in Business.
Academic Editing Projects
- Achieving organizational and personal goals through manager-employee coaching,” a doctoral portfolio by Siniva Walker, PsyD, Organizational Management and Consulting, Phillips Graduate University, 2017.
- Executive coaching for leadership development: Transitioning from psychotherapy to business coaching with personality and passion,” a doctoral portfolio by Victoria Otto, PsyD, Organizational Management and Consulting, Phillips Graduate University, 2012.
- Systems thinking leadership model and its application to consulting and management,” a doctoral portfolio by Antonio Loya, PsyD, Organizational Management and Consulting, Phillips Graduate University, 2012.
- The impact of supportive supervision in helping reduce burnout in organizations,” a doctoral portfolio by Jackey Smith, PsyD, Organizational Management and Consulting, Phillips Graduate University, 2012.
- An art therapy program to improve self-esteem in middle school age girls by mediating external factors such as media, peers, and parental connectedness: A program design,” a master’s thesis by Michelle Webb, MA, MFT/Art Therapy, Phillips Graduate University, 2011.
- How attachment theory and narrative therapy inform art therapy interventions using an open studio model to manage or reduce symptoms in the treatment of bipolar disorder: A review of the literature and program design,” a master’s thesis by Wendy Fraser-DeAugustine, MA, MFT/Art Therapy, Phillips Graduate University, 2010.
- How art therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy increase self-confidence and coping skills while reducing depression for adults who have suffered work-related musculoskeletal injuries: A program design,” a master’s thesis by Martha Oziel, MA, MFT/Art Therapy, Phillips Graduate University, 2010.
- Complementary therapy use among cancer patients in Modesto, California,” a master’s thesis by Tabitha Brookins, MSW, Social Work, California State University, Stanislaus, 2010.
- “The nexus between Latino culture and giving opportunities,” a master’s thesis by Enrique Aranda, MBA, Business Administration, American Jewish University, 2010.
- “The effects of American imperialist policies: NAFTA and drug trafficking as the ultimate free trade,” a master’s thesis by Santos Zuñiga Tavarez, MA, Chicano/a Studies, California State University, Northridge, 2010.
- “The challenges of the Mexican American male former gang member as he approaches older adulthood,” master’s thesis by Norma Solis, MSW, Social Work, California State University, Northridge, 2007.
- “A comparative study on the effects of competition on leadership in secondary school settings in the United Kingdom and the United States,” a doctoral dissertation by Dexter Viray, PhD, Education (Policy, Organization, & Management), Claremont Graduate University, 2007.
- “Predicting the mechanical reliability of a quick disconnect,” a master’s thesis by Jesus Rodriguez, MS, Engineering/Quality Assurance, California State University, Dominquez Hills, 2005.
- “Mexican Judaism: A study of Mexican-Jewish culture,” a master’s thesis by Angelita Rovero, MA, Chicano/a Studies, California State University, Northridge, 2005.
- “Information technology and the Latina/o community: The vision of California Latino legislators toward information technology,” a doctoral dissertation by Gabriel Buelna, PhD, Political Science, Claremont Graduate University, 2003.
Website Writing, Editing, Design
- drmichaelveselak.com (content, editing)
- www.medicaresupplementplans.com (editing)
- www.pacificeventlighting.com (editing)
- www.santashelperslighting.net (editing)
- www.nycreditinc.com (content, editing)
- www.allcitiesmedia.com (content, editing)
- Whole in the Clouds by Kristine Kibbee (for Incorgnito Press, interior book block design only)
- Barajas, Frank P. (2004). Resistance, radicalism, and repression on the Oxnard Plain: The social context of the Betabelero strike of 1933. Western Historical Quarterly, 35:1.
- Maverick Media Strategies, seminar outline for media training by Michael Dresser, nationally syndicated radio talk show host (writing, organization, editing)
- The Value of One Soul by Pastor Dudley Rutherford, Shepherd of the Hills, Porter Ranch, CA (transcribed with minimal editing; publication status unknown)
- Business documents for Victor Griego, Director, Diverse Strategies for Organizing
- WASC Initial Visit Application for Alex Placencio, Principal, Addams Sr. High School, Granada Hills, CA (content, editing)
- Dissertation proposal by Alex Placencio (editing)
- Hollywood Vampyr by Joel Eisenberg (book block design only; unpublished)
- A Collage of Memories and The Making of Me by Ed Moreno (editing, interior layout)
- Half of Me poetry book by Paul Harris (editing)
- A Beautiful Soul screenplay by Paul Harris (editing)
- Cape Verdeans in the New World, 1860–2001: A Unique Aspect of the African Diaspora by Dr. Darryle Gatlin (editing, publication status unknown)